Friday 4 November 2011

Chigen Soup for the Darv

Out on the rig you don't have too much time to really cook eloquent meals unless if you are tripping out, so I decided to post a recipe for some friends if you ever feel like making it and seeing what I cooked today for dinner. The ingredients are as follows: chigen (2 breasts diced finely), 1 carrot (diced), 2 stalks of celery (diced), 1 regular size onion (diced), 3 cloves of garlic (diced very fine), cream of chigen (3 small cans), paprika, basil, oregano, lawry's seasoning salt, black pepper, and 3 tablespoons of oil.

First, I begin by dicing all of my veggies and cooking them in the pot with the oil in it, and while they cook... I smother the chigen with black pepper and seasoning salt after I diced it and cook it seperately. When the chigen is cooked completly just set it aside for a moment in a clean dish. When the onions and celery begin to get some color on them and become clear, drop your seasonings in the pot and allow the seasonings to cook with the veggies in the oil. Only let the seasonings cook for like a minute and stir the entire time so that they do not burn. Only weird people like burnt food. After the have cooked for a minute, place your chigen in the pot as well and add the cream of chigen to the pot. I try to stir frequently to get the ingredients mixed around really well. It depends how thick you want it, so if you want it a little less on thickness just add a little bit of water.

The soup is done whenever the carrots are soft and moist. There should be no crunch to the carrots when you bite into them. So, I hope you get to try it out sometime and let me know what you think.

Here's to improv cooking on the rig!

No comments:

Post a Comment